Monday, October 12, 2009

To live and to Love



Love is a strange word. I have seen a couple of blogs about true love. Is true love the wonderful phenomenon when a boy falls attracted to a girl and they live happily ever after. I don’t know. I have been approached by a couple of guys for advice about their love life. The question was if they should continue in their relation. I don’t know why these guys come to me. It must be because I wear specs and has bulging eyes which gives me the looks of a wise guy which I am not. I have been a total loser with girls. The only girl who reciprocated my feelings walked away after cheating me off some of my money.

The first time I felt tender feelings towards a girl was during my school days. She was the most beautiful one in our school. Never have I felt such a passion.
Like all the popular ones, she was darling of well to do and good looking guys. So I never had the remotest chance. It has been years since I have seen her. I have got no idea where she has ended up. May be she has married an NRI . Who knows…

After the first love it was a period of lust. I fell in love with the bodies of the beautiful ones. The passion became more strong and hot and animal like. The feelings lost its tenderness.
There is nothing wrong with wanting a girl because of her full figure. But care must be taken to put full stops at points where it has to be put. We have been taught that wanting a woman is sin. Most of our moral stand on sex is based on what missionaries taught us in the times of Victoria. There is in fact a sex position called missionary position which is regarded as the only permissible one by orthodox people, even today.

I am not able to say what pure and true love is. But I am damn sure that for me looks of a girl matters, call it lust or whatever. But I hate taking relations for granted. Even in the short time you have got for the relations live it to the fullest. Give the other person some moments to savor.

Some people are comfortable to carry on with short term relations whose ultimate motive is for sexual fulfillment. But many among them will go on living with the scars. In some cases you even won’t know why you hurt so deep inside. So to all ‘Gen-Y’s, be careful in where you get into. Whatever you do get into it with 100% conviction, Never give yourself a chance to regret something you have done (not even centuries later).

So I am very much reluctant to take a step. Romance and love is meant for only the ones who are brave at heart. I am frightened of getting rebuffed.

Karan Johar is someone who took time to mature as a film maker. Nowadays he is coming with a variety of themes that digs deep into relations (with some Hindi masala toppings). I hated his KANK. May be Karan has some stupid explanation for the movie. But it is not the way you handle extra-marital affairs.

His ‘Wake up Sid’ was a movie with some difference. The pace is damn slow, especially in the first half.
All the movies released this year was far from watchable. Only respite you get is seeing the beautiful ones in the theatre.
The college crowd filled up the seats when I went for ‘Wake up’. There is no much drama, glamour, car chase, foreign locations or item numbers. But the crowd thoroughly enjoyed the movie. It came as a surprise for me. Because I was under the impression that crowd accepts nothing less than the formulae films. And the movie was anything but that.

I am not one among those who loved the movie. But a few aspects I liked about the movie. Ayisha falls in love with Mumbai. She sees it as a land of opportunity, of independence and growth. She meets Sid who shows her around the city.
Sid is a careless and carefree person who was born into a well off family. He falls in love with Ayisha. Ayisha considers him too childish and immature.

So under her influence he starts to change although it is not so obviously shown. He makes the changes from a basic level from where he grows into a strong individual. Even there is a subtle change in her. She started to understand herself more.
Since the pace is slow all the subtle changes are shown beautifully.

In the end he comes to know that she loves him when he reads her story. The story narration in the end gives the movie a fitting finale. Her love for the city slowly metamorphosis into a beautiful relation.

The individuals we consider as our good fit may not turn out to be so. Our better half may be waiting somewhere for us. May be we will have to wait a little more. May be will have to look out more.

Another aspect beautifully shown is Sid and Ayesha falling in love without realizing that the other loves him/her as much. We never know how much someone loves us. It may be through those little fights. The best way to know each other is bits of differences in opinion. Only differences can help us to understand the other and ourselves more.

Love must be a relation which helps us to grow as a person. If quarrels and fights helps the two to grow, then it is perfect relationship. Not everything is perfect in a ‘perfect’ relation (the ones without any quarrels).

I have known Reshma only for a few months. She is not hot or amorous, but is a dusky beauty. I don’t know if I had fallen in love. But she had all the qualities of Miss. Perfect I had visualised. Although I shared my opinion on everything I never shared my feelings with her. But when during a casual conversation she mentioned that she prefers some one from her own caste as her better half, it broke my heart. It didn’t drive me into depression but set me thinking. If I had told her about my feelings, may be the end results would have been different. But another aspect is by nature I am reluctant to make commitments. So don’t know if at the end things would turn out to our good. She is still a good friend and may remain until she gets married. And as a consolation I would say, it is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Shakespeare,Da Vinci, Benjamin Franklin and Lincoln never saw a movie,heard a radio or looked at TV. They had loneliness and knew what to do with it. Thay were not afraid of being lonely because they knew that was when the creative mood in them would work.