Monday, February 21, 2011

One Zero Zero

‘Centurion’ stands for the Roman commander with 100 men under him. I hope the Romans will not sue me when I borrow it for a blogger who has crossed the threshold of 100 posts. Yes, if you are by any chance reading through these lines, you are reading the 100th post of ‘My Times’.
I would dedicate this achievement to a beautiful girl who claims I am a great blogger. She has even persuaded me to think about a career along that line. I know it’s an exaggerated version of flattery. But then who would say no to flattery!

The times have changed, so has the perceptions and so will ‘My Times’. I started this out this more than a year ago when I had to fight with boredom. I wanted to search out something creative and had a vague illusion I would do well at blogging. Jabri helped me out in initial stages. I wanted a slow start, but then I was too impatient to do so. Over the months I learned about the intricacies of blogging and the great ‘folly’ of ‘famous’ bloggers.

I wanted to be a famous blogger too. Then it became obvious that reality and fame wouldn’t go together. So I chose the former. I know the space has become boring. The initial horde of followers has become ‘inactive blogger’ and so there are no regular visits or comments. I sometimes feel this as a kind of personal diary which I want someone to read. The few who do visit accidentally are the ones who do a google search and stray over. In the past few days ICC world cup has been receiving number of hits. Apparently people in USA, Denmark want to know what the Cricket World cup is all about. Then there are a lot of spammers and even a few who come in looking for assignment material. Some drop in a thank you note. Strangely there are people who even did a ‘girls + Boobs’ search and ended up here. I simply can’t figure out if I ever did a post on boobs!

The main features/categories in ‘My Times’ has been Politics and People I met in the daily walk of life and now I am planning to shift the Movie review from ‘Think’ to here. I am more of a Leftist in view points and do enjoy bashing the ‘Rights’. Although I try to be a metro sexual, I find no point in doing so.

I am not at all intending to make this place a wee bit entertaining. As a dream of the year, I would like to hear someone say this space made a change for him/her.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

May all your dreams come true - I "found" you because you had posted an interesting comment on another blog that I follow. I compulsively read all comments on posts that I want to comment on.

Purba said...

Congratulations on your 100th Jon. And no I didn't google boobs to reach here :)

TomaHawk said...

Congratz.... n keep goin.... :)

simply me said...

hey congratulations :) :)
and i am a grt fan of my times

Jon said...

Thnx everyone

Shady West Side said...

If u werent sure how someone would search for boobs nd reach here...now u have a few lines to make sure there are more :-p

btw congrats on the 100....i love ur blog nd love to come back

sm said...

congrats for century

About Me

My photo
Shakespeare,Da Vinci, Benjamin Franklin and Lincoln never saw a movie,heard a radio or looked at TV. They had loneliness and knew what to do with it. Thay were not afraid of being lonely because they knew that was when the creative mood in them would work.