Friday, August 12, 2011

Rant against the economy

I have never done the routine visits to vegetable vendor for about one and a half year. As my Dad lay sick, I did have to go to get his staple fruit diets. I was horrified to see that the prices for essential groceries have more than doubled in one and a half year.

I remember having had an argument with a friend on the merits and demerits of fuel prize de-regulation.

‘It’s good for economy in the long run’

What fucking good is the economy, when it’s meant to reduce the living standard of the common man? Imagine he ending up sick or unable to go to work. Does the economy grant him prosperity and stability? Or do we consider some sort of social responsibility to feed him our left overs. The scope for all those who preach charity is going to increase as we have been successful in marginalizing more and more percentage of our population.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Shakespeare,Da Vinci, Benjamin Franklin and Lincoln never saw a movie,heard a radio or looked at TV. They had loneliness and knew what to do with it. Thay were not afraid of being lonely because they knew that was when the creative mood in them would work.