Sunday, May 27, 2012

The eternal symbol of love

' Dude you can never miss it. This is one time life experience'
I didn't have the will to argue. I wanted to go out and meet my old buddies and laze around. It seemed this guys aren't going to allow me. They wanted to visit Taj Mahal , which is some four hour journey. I'm already enjoying the tag of male chauvnist and anti social. If I still refuse to go out, these guys may term me as a Nazi. Hence I decided to set out for one of the modern wonders of the world.

Now the symbol of pompous love isqqqq situated in one of the most crowded , polluted and poorest locales in India. The dust and heat has to be experienced. My friend got out ofip the car to take a pee and decided against it in fear of burning his vital organ.

The police suddenly decided  to blockade a road for no obvious reason and we were treated to even more dusty and winding rout. But inspite of all these inhuman habitat, there thrived a mass of humanity. And the women here are so white and beautiful. I wanted to get out of taxi and enquire.

The unforseen blockade helped us reach the monument at peak afternoon. We downed some beer for strength to stand the scorching sun. After waiting endlessly for the ticket we were given the killer blow. We had to do away with the shoes and walk the talk on frying marble grounds. But still the first sight was breathtaking. The first sight of a monument, which I've seen only in photos. I post it here. The beauty which emperor took so many years to build. All for his wife. She must have been damn hot for all these troubles.

But a closer look can reduce the fascination a bit. The stones have yellowed a bit. Many of the precious stones are rumored to be stolen. You get to see only a glimpse of the crematorium when police shoves you away.

I sat down for a brief respite from the hot sun. The crowd came down from all parts of India. Right from top to bottom. There were even a.few trans genders roaming around. Now the emperor would never have bargained for it. A bunch of sweating, unruly, impatient mob purposelessly moving around.


4 comments:

Pooja Mahimkar said...

i have been there once long time back..and you you just said the first look is breathtaking i experienced it as well... i went sometime in december so it was cool and breezy, the time was just apt to sit and enjoy the beauty of the Taj Mahal

Anonymous said...

I think it is good to visit national monuments esp when they are so famous (also once been no need to go back)
Is this the closest you can get to it or were you able to go inside?

Anonymous said...

Sorry that may seem a stupid question but I can't see from the internet if you can actually go inside.

Anonymous said...

Hola! I've been reading your website for a long time now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Humble Texas! Just wanted to mention keep up the excellent work!
My web blog ; mini notebooks

About Me

My photo
Shakespeare,Da Vinci, Benjamin Franklin and Lincoln never saw a movie,heard a radio or looked at TV. They had loneliness and knew what to do with it. Thay were not afraid of being lonely because they knew that was when the creative mood in them would work.