Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hero of our times....4

I was quite surprised to see Pradeep again after a long time. The last time I saw him was on the screen. It was a small scene in a not-so-successful movie.

I was plainly happy to see him. We were both on the middle of our routine work-out. So we couldn’t talk much. But the few sentences he said made me really happy in meeting a man different from others.

Pradeep had been a movie enthusiast right from his college days. He was obsessed with making it to the screen. He had to sacrifice his studies a bit. He had done choreography for a song which went on to become a hit.

Rest of the story, Pradeep is going to narrate for you:

I come from a typical Syrian conservative Christian family. We watch movies rarely and have no relatives/friends in the industry.

The movie industry is a jungle. No matter how talented you are, unless you have the right people at the right places you are not going to make it. It’s a bad man’s world. The people with genuine talent would be too arrogant to approach. The untalented ones would have established themselves through the back door mean. Back door includes a wide variety of activities like pimping, pulling down people close to you and a little bit of bribing. The second category would be too crooked to approach.

Filmdom is not a honest man’s world. You will have to play a sycophant right from the top to bottom. If you are yet to establish yourself even the insignificant person can bring you down. Right from the story board to the editor’s desk to the first screening you will have to fight continually from being eliminated by the fittest. So your primary struggle is to get into the good books of everyone. Then there are people who discourage you, and persuade you to go back home.

It’s difficult to keep your value system intact in the fight. Compromising a bit in what you believe in can earn you rich rewards. But that’s the last thing I would want to do.

Thankfully, my wife understands my passion. In fact this was one condition I kept before marriage. I have to keep my job intact while I hunt for the chances. Besides I will have to monitor my physique.

Every time I see a silver lining on the horizon, I realize that it was just an imagination. But hopefully I will get a break through.

Guys, rarely do we see a person with a real ambition. Chasing dreams are not easy. That too when you have family obligations and the principles that you believe in to hold you back.

So let’s wish Pradeep the very best and pray that his opening will happen soon. I am looking forward to announce the happy news in my blog.

5 comments:

simply me said...

my best wishes also to pradeep
keep going and hope you taste the success very soon
ps: don't forget to send me a autograph :) all the very best

Praveen said...

Hope he makes it big!

Jon said...

yea... hope everything goes well..

And I made a mistake in the title ..

Purba said...

Pradeep is lucky to have supportive friends like you.

Jon said...

More lucky to have a supportive wife :)

About Me

My photo
Shakespeare,Da Vinci, Benjamin Franklin and Lincoln never saw a movie,heard a radio or looked at TV. They had loneliness and knew what to do with it. Thay were not afraid of being lonely because they knew that was when the creative mood in them would work.