Sunday, July 4, 2010

Wedding Bells

A conversation I had with a Muslim friend of mine:

‘Hey, why do you marry off your girls at such an early age? Wouldn’t they like to enjoy the life of a single?’

Down here Muslim boys marry off as soon as they graduate. They would be financially well placed with relatives in the Gulf countries. It wouldn’t be difficult for a graduate to secure a job. Soon they would be planning to get married and produce off-springs in the next 10 months. Girls would be married off as soon as they are 17-18.

‘Dude, woman’s uterus would be elastic at a tender age. So in order to get healthy kids marry a girl as young as possible ’. So that was the reason, wow!

The reason why I recollected the conversation now:

No one would have read the great love story of Zara and Bunny. I wrote it a lifetime ago. Although I painted a rosy picture in the blog it was not so in reality. She was jobless and moreover hopeless. I talked with her a few months back and the situations were a bit bleak.

But I was struck by her enthusiasm and positive attitude. She always remained cheerful and happy in tough times. In fact I used to take up my silly troubles with her when she was in a worse situation.

The last day I texted her the evils of marrying late.

‘It would be tough to get a healthy bunch of kids if your uterus turns plastic!’

Thankfully, the next day I was informed that wedding bells would be chiming early next year.

It’s tough to see a love affair fruiting into a happy married life. Nowadays the young lovers refuse to get bothered and break up on mutual understanding. The losers go commit suicide.

I feel proud of the couple who stood together for a long time through not so easy situations.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

u hardly find such stuff happening..Lovely!

simply me said...

hey it is not like no one read that story...you forget i had read that story...
and besides truly glad that the wedding bells are ringing :)

Jon said...

Thank you Madhu

Nice to see u s.m after a long time

About Me

My photo
Shakespeare,Da Vinci, Benjamin Franklin and Lincoln never saw a movie,heard a radio or looked at TV. They had loneliness and knew what to do with it. Thay were not afraid of being lonely because they knew that was when the creative mood in them would work.